"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Raw Vegan Chocolate Bark Recipe

I've been on a health kick lately. Not necessarily to lose weight, but just to feel better and especially to not get sick during this flu season. However, I didn't want my health kick to keep me away from delicious treats because my sweet tooth needs to be tend to! So I went into my kitchen and came out with a delicious Raw Vegan Chocolate Bark recipe. Please note, you can alter this recipe however you wish. I give some suggestions below. I think next time I make this I will use molds to make the chocolate into pretty shapes instead of just bark.

Ingredients

1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon of a sweetener of your choice (I used pure honey, but maple syrup is a good option too!)
1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
1/4 cup of nuts or dried fruit of your choice (I used almonds, and the second time around I experimented and used quinoa puffs for an extra healthy crunch!)
Parchment paper

Directions

  • First thing first, take a small saucepan and melt your coconut oil on a medium heat setting. I like to also add my sweetener of choice to the saucepan near the end to melt it in with the coconut oil especially if it's something sticky like honey or maple syrup. This helps with the consistency of the batter.
  • When it is all melted, take it off the heat and in a bowl mix together the melted coconut oil and sweetener with the raw cacao powder.
  • Once you begin to notice no lumps, add in the nuts, or whatever you choose to include. This step is optional. Mix well for no lumps again.
  • Line a pan with parchment paper (I found a bread loaf pan was a good choice as this batter doesn't make too much and it holds it in)
  • Pour the chocolate batter in the lined pan and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
  • Once the time has passed, you can cut it into bark pieces and store in fridge.



Enjoy this delicious, healthy treat with a cup of tea. I find it's the perfect paired with a green tea. You can ever add crushed up candy cane pieces to make it festive for the holiday time. Try it out and experiement yourself. Tweet me your thoughts and any photos of the creation :) @theteacupoflife or @teaaholic

The raw cacao powder is filled with antioxidants, nuts are great for protein and the coconut oil is a healthy fat that does wonder for the skin!

1 comments:

cubic zirconia swarovski china said...

Awesome post .i hope everybody will like your post

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila